Best of California - Summer 2021
Best Of California – Summer 2021
California here we come. From the unique mix of modernity and bohemian influence in San Francisco, the rugged beauty of Yosemite, the idyllic charms of Monterey and Santa Barbara, to the lights of Los Angeles, the Golden State has so much to offer. Explore California’s colourful past, stand in awe of the striking scenery and savour unique wines on this exceptional journey of contrasts along the Pacific Coast.
- San Francisco: Enjoy a delightful Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers and Travel Director.
- Monterey: Have your choice of three local restaurants during your Dine-Around evening in Monterey.
- Santa Barbara: Savour a delicious dining experience at one of sunny Santa Barbara’s local restaurants.
- Los Angeles: Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner with wine at Nick and Stef’s Steakhouse, named ‘Best Steakhouse in the Country’ by the Food Network.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Yosemite National Parks: Explore spectacular waterfalls and striking rock formations of El Capitan and Half Dome on a ranger-led valley floor tour.
- Salinas: Otherwise known as the “The Salad Bowl of the World”, Salinas offers the chance to enjoy a farmer’s agricultural tour of an heirloom artichoke farm.
- Venice Beach: Join a passionate and knowledgeable Local Expert for a walking tour of Venice Beach, Muscle Beach, the Canals and Walkways and explain Abbot Kinney’s role in the development of the ‘Venice of America’.
- Los Angeles: Join a Local Expert for a behind-the-scenes tour of a historic downtown theatre not open to the public.
Top Rated Highlights
- San Francisco: Hop aboard an iconic cable car for a ride along the picturesque streets. Visit the Cable Car Museum in the Nob Hill neighborhood of San Francisco.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the park’s natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- Monterey: As you travel along Pacific Coast Highway, enjoy a relaxing drive across the Monterey Peninsula and along 17-Mile Drive. Stop at Pebble Beach and its world-renowned links, as well as Lone Cypress and Seal and Bird Rocks for a glimpse of sunbathing seals and sea lions.
- Paso Robles: Enjoy a guided visit and wine tasting in the heart of Central California Wine Country.
- Santa Barbara: Walk along Santa Barbara’s Historic State Street to Stearns Wharf.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and TCL Chinese Theatre.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
San Francisco, the City by the Bay.
Exploring San Francisco.
Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Yosemite National Park to Monterey.
Monterey, the Cradle of History.
The American Riviera.
Santa Monica and the City of Angels.
The Glitz and Glam of L.A.
Depart Los Angeles.